Creating Configurations Manually
The instructions on this page and the following ones are only needed when you're not using the combination of the Measurement Import Wizard and the Configuration Wizard to import measurements and create a configuration. Usage of these wizards requires that the configuration you're creating be a standard configuration. For such standard configurations, it's much easier and faster to not use the procedure below, but to use the wizards instead, as described in the tutorial.
If you're using a non-standard configuration, the Measurement Import Wizard can still be used to import measurements, but the Configuration Wizard cannot be used to create the configuration. In that case, you'll need to follow the instructions below.
Before creating the first configuration of your project, you'll need to import measurements. To do so, follow this reference manual's instructions for importing measurements.
The First Configuration
When starting from scratch with an empty project, no configurations are present. After importing your measurements, the next step is to create an empty configuration.
Creating an Empty Configuration
Before creating a configuration, you'll need to decide whether to create a sub-only configuration or a subs+mains configuration. The former is for optimizing just the subs, while the latter is for optimization of the subs and their integration with the main speakers. You can create an empty configuration in several ways.
- Choose Config, New Empty Sub+Mains Configuration from the main menu to create a new subs+mains configuration.
- Choose Config, New Empty Sub-Only Configuration from the main menu to create a new sub-only configuration.
- In the Config View, right-click on the Configurations node and choose New Empty Sub+Mains Configuration from the context menu to create a new subs+mains configuration.
- In the Config View, right-click on the Configurations node and choose New Empty Sub-Only Configuration from the context menu to create a new sub-only configuration.
Populating the Empty Configuration
After creating an empty configuration, you populate the configuration by performing the following steps.
- Define your filter channels.
- Add filters, delays and gains to those channels.
- Associate measurements with your filter channels.
- Add measurements to measurement groups to define your optimization goals.
- Change filter properties
- Create graphs to display your data.
These steps are described further on the pages that follow.
Creating Subsequent Configurations by Cloning
Unless your second and subsequent configurations are substantially different in nature from the first configuration you created, it's usually much easier to create all configurations subsequent to the first by cloning the first configuration rather than creating a new one from scratch. This process is described in the configuration cloning section.